The Wahl Family

Sunday, August 3, 2008

The 24th in St. Johns

Okay! I am back again...but who nows for how long :) This is going to be a long post so bear with me. I love our tradition of going to St. Johns for the 24th celebration. It is always so much fun and we love getting out of the heat. This year was also alot of fun because my brother Levi did quite a bit events in the Rodeo. It is just a blast to be with family and let the kids experience a little bit of country life :)

This is Levi doing the Cowhide Race. That is my little nephew holding on for dear life behind him...but he won!

This is called the KEG RACE. It is kind of like musical chairs. You start sitting on the crate, then when they say go you have to jump up onto your horse, race to the other side and come back and sit down. Of course they take away one crate every time. Levi came in first on this one also!!

This is all the cousins at the parade. The older boys and all the men went fishing so it was just us girls.

JoAnn and Savanna in their matching outfits. (I love OLD NAVY clearance)

The kids always look forward to the parade...just to see how much candy they get!

The last thing in the parade is the fire truck. It hoses down all the kids and they have a blast:)

This is my brother Steven and JoAnn. Him and his wife came all that way to support Levi! I have an amazing family.

Levi with the two girls. I can't believe he leaves in 3 weeks. It is coming way too fast, but he is going to be an amazing missionary.

Jay with my nephew Blake. Can you tell they were enjoying their candy?

Kaylee and JoAnn at the rodeo.

What an awesome family we have that we try to support eachother in everything. Everyone here came over just to watch Levi in the rodeo...can you tell who the favorite is? j/k it is just his "last" before his mission and we are realizing how much we are going to miss him.

JoAnn, Jay, and Blake at the rodeo.

I love this picture. It is so much fun to be able to go home and let my kids get to do the same things I was doing at their age in the same town too.

Every year there is a free ice cream social. It is so nice outside always and the ice cream is so good! This is right after I cleaned them up, but I should have gotten one of them covered in ice cream.

12 comments:

The Richards said...

D- Your pictures are too cute, i especially like the matching outfits and the blue tongues! That sounds like so much fun maybe we should go up there next year! Hey i hear your mom is the queen when it comes to what to do with pumpkins, i need some ideas!

Reid and Brittney said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I am sad however that I never got the chance to really say goodbye. We miss you guys already. We definitely have to keep in touch. Tell all the girls that I will miss them so much and that I still think and pray about them everyday. We get to finally move into our house tomorrow, we had to wait for the truck to get here. I hope things are going great with your house and everything. Talk to you soon.

Ashley said...

Your kids are adorable. I can't believe how big Savannah is getting. It looks like you had a blast.

Heidi said...

That looks like so much fun!

The Solomon Fam said...

I'm so glad you're back! I had wondered what was going on with you lately. But I'm sure those cute kids keep you pretty busy. I can barely keep up with two. Seriously how do you do it? And I need some good/inexpensive recipes from you. You were always cooking yummy stuff. Please e-mail me some of your favorite dinner stuff if you ever get a spare minute. I miss ya!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Looks like a blast, I wish we were still going up for the 24th celebration. Maybe we'll have to start doing it again. thx for letting us come play today we had a blast!

Kristi said...

You guys do the funnest stuff and your kiddos are sooooo beautiful! I hope we get to see you sometime soon!

David and Tia Palmer said...

Wish we could have been there it looks like you had a blast.

lofgreenlegacy said...

Hey Deanne, looks like you had so much fun. Cute pictures.

Tom and Sue said...

Yea! I'm glad you're back! Looks like you guys had a great time! Good for you for supporting Levi! Now about that country living...would you consider THATCHER to be country enough? Maybe you should think about re-locating...:D

mel palmer family said...

i love all the pic.s! it is crazy how soon levi is leaving! and we do have a great family, o, and thanks again for letting me stay at your house for a week it was a blast! I get to try on those cloths we bought tomarow, it is the first day of school tomarow :)

Mary Ann said...

you got some great pics.. wish i could have been there! i love st. johns and the 24th! you need to be in the pictures every once in awhile! it was so fun to be at your house last week! can't wait to see you this weekend!