The Wahl Family

Monday, October 5, 2009

One week old...


I can't believe it has only been a week since Sara came. She is such a good baby! She only cries if she is hungry or tired and even then it is still a cute cry. I am loving that now because I know it isn't going to last forever.

Well, just a quick recap on the labor...I was enduced last Monday which was 6 days early. I have an amazing Dr. and he said I could pick my due date, and of course 9 months pregnant I wanted to go asap :) We went into the hospital about 9 am, but they didn't even get me hooked up to IV or the Pit until around 10:30. Believe it or not, I was able to get about an hour worth of rest before the contractions were too hard. My Dr. came in about 1:30 and broke my water since I had just decided to get the epideral. Right after they gave me my epideral my mom and sister were in visiting me and I started to feel really weak. I called the nurse in and my blood pressure had dropped to something like 60/32. They said that is common after an epideral, but it was really weird. They said I looked like a ghost for a little while. That actually happened twice, but then we were good to go. I started to feel pressure about 6:30 and they said I was at an 8. My two sisters were able to be in there with Alan and I for the delivery. It was so amazing to have them there, but I did miss my mom. She was so great and had all the kids at home (not just mine but my two sisters too.) Mom you are incredible! It really has been an amazing recovery too. I am so blessed to be able to have it so easy!

10 comments:

The Gibson's said...

Congrats Wahl family. She is one cute baby. Glad everything went well for you. We need to get together soon.

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

We are soooo happy for you! I am so glad she is here and everyone is doing well! She is so beautiful! How neat that your two sisters could be there! I agree, your mom is so awesome!

lofgreenlegacy said...

Congratulations Deanne! She is so precious! I'm jealous...I love that new baby stage. (Yes I'm baby hungry) I can relate with the low blood pressure after your epidural, same thing happened to me when I had Kyra...I really thought I was dying but it got better and the epidural was well worth it:) I hope all is well...She is beautiful!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

She looks so cute! I miss her like crazy, and all the rest of you guys of course!

Mary Ann said...

CUTE PICTURES!! especially the 2nd one! :) haha.. really she is beautiful and I feel so lucky that you let me be there! MIss you and love you!

Steven and Kami Palmer said...

She is so flippin cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Deanne to you and your family. Sara is beautiful. I bet Joann is enjoying being such a little mommy to her. I bet all the kids just love having a new baby around too. What a blessing! I am glad everything went smoothly.

The Richards said...

She is so dang cute and i am loving the head band! Isn't it crazy when your blood pressure drops, had that with baby 3 and it was scary, 5 shots later i was better! we are so lucky to have such cute kids!

Luke & Erica said...

Hey Deanne, I saw on Mary Anne's Blog that you had another baby. Congrats! She is adorable. Three girlies. I can relate.

Klan said...

Yeah for new baby girls! Sara is cute. Congrats!

Britni