The Wahl Family

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Projects

I don't know what it is about this pregnancy, but I have wanted to do so many projects. I am posting this one mainly for my benefit to prove that I did do something! If you want any patterns for anything, just let me know. I will find the sight again and post it for you. My friend Amber is the one who gave me most of the ideas. She is the Craft Queen!!

These are my favorite and most easy projects. They are bandanna dresses and shirts. It was literally four stitches and then adding ribbon and I thought my girls looked so cute in them. Of course I am a little bias :)

This is one of those "Hooter hiders." I found the simplest pattern and since there were five of us having babies, and one cousin, I decided these were easy gifts. I made this the bobby pillow below and a baby sling carrier as a set for each one of us. Such an easy gift and a lot less expensive then the store bought ones.


This is a doodle bag...or sunday bag for my kids. It is so simple and hold the kids scriptures and a notepad on one side and then crayons for them on the other. They are only allowed to take what fits in the bag on Sunday. It is so nice for them to carry their own things.

My mother in law was down her not too long ago and helped me to recover my car seat. She did most of the work, and I love how it turned out!

This is such a simple apron made from a dish cloth! Dollar store find :)

These are wipee boxes that I covered. I had leftover everything and loved trying this out. So much cuter than just plain ones!

This is a towel backpack. I was able to get three backpacks from one towel and then each kid got different ribbon. We live close to a pool so it will be so nice for them to carry their own towels.

All the baby bows and flowers. There are also binkie holders and bracelets! Savanna was very jealous that this is not all for her, so of course we had to make her a few bracelets.

This is a diaper and wipes holder. I got the idea from a baby gift that my sister got!

All of the burp rags. I was getting out all the baby clothes and trying to get them washed and couldn't find my old burg rags anywhere. So of course I just had to make some more! I love these ones. They are just cloth diapers with ribbon sewed on. So easy and so cute!

16 comments:

3in3mom said...

awesome job! I love getting inspired--by crafty friends

Jessica said...

Those are sooo cute! You are really good at all of that! I need to learn my sewing machine first before I can do anything cute like that! Plus a good craft store near by!

Mary Ann said...

Dee.. you are amazing!! I can't believe all those cute things! I LOVE the bandana shirts.. got to learn how to do that! SO glad I have a crafty sister! You're awesome and SO talented. Love ya

kh said...

Deanne, these are really darling! The only problem is, we aren't all as talented as you! Are you for hire? They are just great! I love the bandana dresses. SO CUTE!

Kristi said...

Oh my word - you are truly amazing! I am sooo not crafty! I love the shirts!!!! I also love the church bags and the car seat cover! All I can think is... HOW???
Maybe someday I will be crafty too!
I agree with Kristen - I would love to just hire you;)

The Gibson's said...

Okay I want some info. I love EVERYTHING that you did. I need to make some bows and such for my baby girl. I have NO CLUE where to start!! We should get together here soon.

The Solomon Fam said...

I knew you were talented but my goodness! I am very impressed!

I am also so glad I ran into you! I was so excited! It reminded me of how much fun we had and how much I miss you! Oh, and I haven't forgotten that you were going to send me some tight-headbands since I am not smart enough to make them myself! :) Of course if you are too busy, don't worry about it, I am amazed you find the time for all that you do. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. Love ya!

Theresa C said...

Wow! Everything turned out so cute! How do you find the time? You are simply amazing, Deanne.

Reid and Brittney said...

So cute!!! I love those shirts they are adorable. Everything is way cute, you are way crafty, I wish I was half as crafty, I need serious lessons. Your kids are getting so big. I miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, dang girl you have been busy! I'm happy just making three blankets:)lol I feel tired just looking at all your projects! They are sooo adorable!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

It all looks so good!!! I'll have to show you a couple of more things that I found, wish you still lived close we could "craft" together.

lofgreenlegacy said...

Those are absolutely adorable!! Are you selling them? I really like the doodle bags and would love for you to make me a couple if you are going to be selling them. Let me know! Those are so much better than taking a HUGE bag with everything they own in it to church!

Anonymous said...

Those are all so cute. How far along are you?

I love the feeding cover and boppy. I need to know how to do that especially.

I won't be needing any bows :-P though

Jason and Jennifer Bryce said...

Geeze Deanne! You got your "get up and go" shoes on! One day when I decide to have another baby I'll have to call you and ask you how to do all your stuff!

David and Tia Palmer said...

I am so glad I have such a crafty sister in law I can steal ideas from! You are so stinkin amazing! I love all your cute projects! THanks for helping us make some of the goods!

Danielle Haws said...

Wow! That stuff you made is gret. I would love to get patterns on all of that! You are amazing!